These are my favorite Linux distributions. They are definitely subject to change!
- Arch I love this one, I’ve been using it for a couple of years now.
- Fedora I like Fedora a lot—I’ve been using it on a couple of PCs here lately.
- CrunchBang I liked this one a lot the last time I tried it, and apparently now it is based off Debian instead of Ubuntu. I run this on my eeePC
- Sabayon although a bit bloated on the default ISO, this distro and I really got along, and the community was top-notch.
- Pardus this is definitely another good one. I just didnt click with it, but it was quality.
- Debian the big one. Ive never cared too much for older packages, even for the sake of stability, but I still have great respect for the distro!
- Mint A spin on Ubuntubut a very good spin! (Im usually one for disliking the remixes)
- Ubuntu itself based on Debian. very polished. I used this one for a long time before hopping and eventually settling down with Arch
- sidux based on Debian sid. I liked this one but not enough to stay with it for very long.
Posted by: jamba
Published Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 02:24:24 +0000
original filename: 118