I’ve got quite a few computers and parts and things that I have acrued that I no longer need, and as such they are just taking up space. Space that my wife is wanting me to free up.
I hate throwing away technology when it works perfectly (or maybe with just a little work), but recycling also doesn’t make much sense to me as long as someone else could make use of the things. And I don’t care too much for getting any money for these things at this point, so I have this offer:
Whatever anyone offers for these items will be accepted as long as it at least covers shipping (and maybe enough for a coffee mug, since there isn’t one in the EFF store). But also with the caveat that if any money is left over after shipping (and maybe mug) it will go to the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
In this process, I can accomplish a few things:
- clear up some space by getting rid of some “junk”
- give money to charity
- maybe get a new FOSS-related coffee mug
- provide someone else with some usable hardware
Sounds like a win/win.
Now, for the stuff!
Item 1: Coolermaster full ATX Centurion C5 case (~6 yrs old)
- USB ports on the front are non-working in case
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ CPU
- I forget the brand of motherboard (has 1 PCIe slot, a couple PCI)
- at least 2GB of DDR RAM
- 640GB HDD
- Sound output may not work? I was having some problem with that, and was using an external USB sound card for a while.
- DVDRW drive
- I can crack it open and get more details if anyone is interested
- I can also part this out individually
Item 2: older Toshiba Satellite A205 – S5812 laptop.
I put a new fan and battery in it, and got a new power adapter. And when I put it back together the screen ribbon cable must be a little loose because it isn’t coming on now. By that time I no longer needed it, so it is also taking up space.
Item 3: a Lenovo T42P
- It works fine except the battery is no good. I have a couple of chargers to go with it, and I can maybe find a docking station.
I can probably dig up a few more things, but this is what I’ve got readily available at the moment.